Hey there! I’m a mathematician and computer scientist (what they call ‘Informatiker’ in Germany). Right now, I’m a PhD student with Professor Carlos Améndola at the research group of Algebraic and Geometric Methods in Data Analysis at Technische Universität Berlin. There, I’m part of the research project Likelihood Geometry of Max-Linear Bayesian Networks of MATH+.
My email address is “kafe (at) kafe (dot) dev”.
I am interested in algebraic statistics, tropical and algebraic geometry and the interplay between these. Besides those, I am also curious about computer graphics, operating systems and complexity theory.
Besides that, I am familiar with (as in, I can probably hold up a conversation about this) resolution of singularities, parametric complexity theory, circuit complexity, abstract argumentation and algebraic surfaces.
I obtained a BSc in Informatics at Leibniz Universität Hannover and MSc in Informatics and Mathematics also at Leibniz Universität Hannover.
- Oct 9–13, 2023: Algebraic Statistics for Ecological and Biological Systems at Institute for Mathematical and Statistical Innovation, Chicago
- Sep 6–8, 2023: Conference on Applied Algebra at University of Osnabrück (presented a poster there)
- Jul 6–7, 2023: Queer and Trans Mathematicians in Combinatorics at Queen Mary University of London
- Jun 7–8, 2023: Let's get ℝeal at MPI MiS, Leipzig
- May 14–19, 2023: Computations and Data in Algebraic Statistics (Online) at Casa Matemática Oaxaca (CMO)
- May 11–12, 2023: Berlin-Hannover Algebraic Geometry Workshop at HU Berlin
- Mar 17, 2023: Applications of Tropical Geometry in Leipzig-Berlin at MPI MiS, Leipzig
- Jul 6–8, 2022: Spec(ℚ̅) at The Fields Institute, Toronto